You can select up to 30 books at a time for offline viewing in either the mobile or desktop apps. Notes and highlights sync between the online and offline versions of the books.
You can read books or listen to audio titles with the iOS or Android mobile apps.
- On subscription.westacademic.com, sign in or create a West Academic account.
- Open a book and click the Available Offline checkbox.
Download the West Academic Library app, available free in the Apple App or Google Play store.
- Sign in to the app with your West Academic username and password (see step #1, above). Books you selected for offline viewing appear in the app.
Windows Desktop App
The Windows desktop app lets you read books offline. The app requires Windows version 7 or higher. To listen to audio books offline, use the mobile app.
- To install the Windows desktop app, save this executable file to your system.
- Double-click the executable file you saved in the previous step, then follow the directions shown on the screen.
- The app icon appears on the desktop after you finish the installation.
Mac Desktop App
The Mac desktop app lets you read books offline. The app requires Mac OS X 10.10 or higher. To listen to audio books offline, use the mobile app.
- To install the Mac desktop app, go to the Mac app store.
- Click the View in Mac App Store button.
- Click the Install App button to complete the installation. The app icon appears on the desktop after you finish the installation.